Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fahrenheit 451- Book Club Intrapersonal Project



This is my Book Club Project for my English class. Out of the seven options I was given, I chose to do the Intrapersonal project. For this project, I had to find one scene or character in the text in which I could identify a text-to-self connection. I had to use at least one literary technique to create a short essay, drawing, or video that explores this connection. It is due on November 15, 2010, but I decided to finish the project a little early.

At the beginning of the year, I chose to read Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. As I read, I felt connected to the old woman who burned along side her books. She stood up against her society alone, and died for her beliefs. Though my belief didn't lead to my death or anything close to that, we are similar in which we stood up for what we believe in, despite our opposition. To explore our connection, I used symbolism and characterization within my video.

This video might not be much, but it took me eight hours to complete (I got distracted a LOT). I wasted my entire Saturday making this video. Today, I spent about two hours editing and editing it until it was almost perfect. Even now, I'm still not satisfied with it. I believe that it could be so much better, but I'm still getting the hang of Sony Vegas 9.0. I hope you've enjoyed my project! ^o^



Posted via Blogaway

0 comments:

Post a Comment