Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Heaven to Hell - Nothing in Between ~Narrative~

It was December 2nd, 1984. Everyone was healthy, going on with their day like any other. Nothing was contaminated or deadly. They were all happy. I was happy. No one would have guessed that in less than twenty four hours all of that was going to change. The night of December 2nd, 1984 would be a night I would always remember.
I was in pain. I couldn't see or breathe. I thought I was dying. The next thing I knew, I was surrounded by death. I didn't know what was going on, or who was around me. Death, pain, and sorrow filled the air like the chemicals causing all of this. Harsh coughing, moans of pain, and people crying, praying for this to be over, could be heard everywhere. Dead bodies were being carried, white blankets were all over the ground, people laid quivering in pain... The sight was horrific.

It has been twenty five years, and that night still plagues us. Are we forever to remain in darkness? Will we ever see the light of dawn?

0 comments:

Post a Comment