Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Graduate Portfolio

For the first three years of high school at College of Staten Island High School for International Studies, all of the students have to complete a end of the year project called, the Graduate Portfolio. This is my second year making one. The picture on the left is the cover of my Sophomore Portfolio. It was made by my good friend, Lori, on photoshop. This only took her one night to do!
The Graduate Portfolio is basically a binder containing two 3-5 page essays and at least ten artifacts that display our growth throughout the year. My portfolio turned out to be 45 pages long! I worked really hard on it, and received a 95%. I had points taken off for trivial things I didn't know I needed. I was on a trip the two days my advisor went over the the requirements for it. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining or anything, I'm quite happy with my grade.
I think CSIHSIS is the only school that does something like this, but I could be wrong. Although it was a nuisance, I had fun making my portfolio. I like to write, so the essays were easy. Some people complained that they couldn't write two pages. While I was able to write three and a half pages with little to no effort. These essays allowed me to reflect on my year academically, and see how much I changed from the beginning of my sophomore year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment